Dating old photographs australia canal 6 san rafael mendoza online dating
It started as the Cricketers Arms in 1864 on the river bank north of the present village site.A major flood in 1875 made the building uninhabitable.With bizarre symbolism the railway line passed directly over the wharf and a mishap during the construction of the railway bridge badly damaged one of the local ships.The same boat was nearly destroyed again when a spark from a steam train set it ablaze.By 1818 there were known to be eight farms along the river, six of them belonging to convicts.
When he died she had to fight for the grant but Ms Ward was well connected and in 1825 she received 600 acres at the limit of the river's navigability.Paterson Courthouse Over the road is the Paterson Courthouse Museum in King St, open on Sundays from 1.00 p.m. It traces the European history of Paterson and has exhibits relating to poet Dorothea Mackellar, who spent her teenage years on a nearby property, and bushranger Captain Thunderbolt whose wife Mary Ann Ward was tried here.The building is situated on a slight rise overlooking the river.As with so many colonial settlements timbercutters, after local supplies of cedar, followed in the footsteps of the explorers and surveyors.Indeed the Paterson River was then known as the Cedar Arm due to the abundance of timber.
It was demolished and the material moved to the current site and rebuilt as the Court House Hotel.